Aims and scope
BSGF - Earth Sciences Bulletin aims at publishing several main types of contributions :
- original papers, covering all disciplinary fields of Geosciences, either fundamental or applied (hazards, resources);
- review articles, making the point on a specific domain of Geosciences, either methodological or regional;
- monographies on the geology of a given region, with supplementary informations, maps, cross-sections, logs, seismic profiles … attached to the main online ;
- rapid communications (‘express letter’ type);
- excursion guide-books (they will follow the same review process as traditional articles);
- scientific reports of offshore cruises;
- articles reporting geodetic, geophysical or geochemical data (data papers) that may then become reference papers for future interpretations des articles de données géodésiques, géophysiques ou géochimiques, pouvant servir de base à des interprétations ultérieures.
BSGF - Earth Sciences Bulletin also provides a forum for comments-replies or for other types of discussions between specialists in earth sciences. All published papers, whatever their type, will be downloadable (Articles in Open Access) on the SGF and Geosciences World websites, proving that the authors pay a financial contribution (Article Processing Charges, APC) of 300€ for SGF members and 500€ for non-members. However, there is NO submission fees.
The BSGF also publishes thematic issues following scientific meetings, which are handled by guest editors.
The review process (from submission to acceptance) lasts generally from 4 to 6 months. The editorial team is aware of the need for PhD student to have their manuscripts rapidly accepted, so that the review process is speeded-up in this case to minimize delays.
The BSGF authorizes the authors to put the n-1 version of their manuscripts (i.e., unedited and un-typeset by the journal) on Open Archives HAL.
With an annual Impact Factor above 1 (5 year IF of 1.435), the BSGF is a first-class, non-profit journal in the Geosciences domain with a broad scope and a wide circulation/ accessibility via GSW.
The editorial board invites French and foreign authors, junior- as well as senior earth scientists, to publish the results of their work in the BSGF.